Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adjusting derived role in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Each time we modify a reference role, we spend a lot of time adjusting the derived roles (at least 20 derived roles, about 5 000 users by role).

To do it, we execute PFCG, Authorization tabs, then in the authorizations menu-> adjust derived-> Generate derived roles.

Is there a standard way to do it in background or in a batch mode (maybe by program, or function module) ?

Thanks.

Guillaume

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Tcode SUPC for mass generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SUPC doesn't work with derived roles (i've already tried). I found a way with the SUPRN_REGENERATE_DEPENDENT report.

Has anyone already used this report ?

Guillaume

0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use this report you have to explicitely name the role you want to process. (no selection of rolename with wildcards possible....). Works fine by now....

b.rgds, Bernhard

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume.

We actually cloned the SUPRN_REGENERATE_DEPENDENT program into a Z-program and added the multiple roles functionality based on the timestamps in table AGR_TIME.

We then save the timestamps in a shadowtable (clone of AGR_TIME) so we can figure out when the role have been changed and a derivation is neccessary!

Contact me for further details!

Regards Fredrik

0 Kudos

Hello Fredrik,

Yes this is good option. can you please let us know how you have created the Z-program for this particular program to include multiple roles functionality and also timestamps so that we can include this in out landscape.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

kalyan