cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Coding Mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing SAP at a client place.

During the course of implementation, we were having discussions related to project coding mask.

Client have come up with some coding mask for identifying their projects through SAP. But unfortunately it was late for the decision. Coz we had already started unit testing... While Unit testing we had already used the project code ID's that the coding mask uses.

Now we are close to integration testing.

My findings are as follows

1. I can not use T-Code : CJ20N (system says Entry Length is Incorrect)

2. Any other user when tries to look up for F4 help for WBS Element field, on their transaction screens, get a ABAP short dump and are unable to proceed further.

I tried to investigate this;

The problem is that the coding mask (Transport request) was released after WBS Elements (using same mask ID) were already created for UT.

During the release of the TR, the system prompted, subtly, that the earlier created WBS elements / projects will be rendered un-useful.

We continued with the Transport, but we are now facing the above problem

For your information the short dump information is appended below.

Short text

Statement "MESSAGE E" is not allowed in this form.

What happened?

Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "SAPLCJPN" had to be terminated because it has come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

What can you do?

Note down which actions and inputs caused the error.

To process the problem further, contact you SAP system

administrator.

Using Transaction ST22 for ABAP Dump Analysis, you can look at and manage termination messages, and you can also

keep them for a long time.

Error analysis

There is probably an error in the program

"SAPLCJPN".

I request you experts to suggest a SAP note which might be required to be applied.

Any Other alternative

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take help of ABAPer and implement this note 453280. Also read 520944.

Please make an effort to reply back to posts, this helps us to help you till the issue is solved.

Regards

Sreenivas

Answers (0)