cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer specs in inspection plan for production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We don't have production as such implemented in SAP, but we must trigger an inspection lot once goods are received out of production (MvT521). I've set up an inspection lot of origin 05, but there is still one thing missing...

How can I assign an inspection plan that is dependent on the customer? Production is done after the sales order is created, so we know for which customer the batchis intended, but I don't find the link in the inspection lot with the customer. I've seen that I can link a vendor, but not a customer.

Thanks for your input!

Regards,

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two more options found

1) Maintain Class Characterisitcs for Customer (CT04)

Attch those characteristic to Class (CL01)

Attach Class to Material Master in 'Classification'

Now in QA32 header you can batch classification just beside the batch number.

2) There is a table 'QALS' where 'Customer Field' is available along with 'Inspection Lot' field.

Explore possibility on how to store cusomer ID in that field.

Chintan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Philippe,

In your case you could consider taking a look at the Exits QAAT0001 and create various inspection types for the inspection origin 05 and assign these for certain customers.

Then in the Exit QPL10001 you could select a specific plan based on the inspection type, this is one possibility that would resolve your case.

If you have questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Isabelle

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Customer assingment in the plan is usually for type 10 inspectoins. Type 05 will not have a customer number associated with it so you can't 'find' a customer plan.

Since you know who your making the batch for, (and I assume you don't want to use the make-to-order scenario's), what you can do is asign multiple plans to the material in question. Place a customer description in the short text. When the lot is created, the system won't be able to pick and plan automatically. The tech can use QP02 to manually pick the proper plan for the batch. You'll of course need a business process in place so the tech has the necessary info to select the proper plan. I.e. how does production communicate that info to the tech in a timely and reliable manner.

If you have a place that the customer number for the batch can be stored, (batch classification, a field in the production order,etc.. ), you could use one of the user exits, (QPAP0002-Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection), that allow you to implement additional logic for selecting the right plan.

Then you could assign the plans to a material/customer combination and use the user exit to find the right plan and make the assignment automatically. The question is where do you maintain the customer number for the batch?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pre-requisite: Inspection plan is available (T.Code: QP01)

Now use T.Code: QA32,

Select line item >> press 'Inspection Lot' button >>

Go to 'Insp. Spec' Tab >> press 'Task list/Spc.' >> Go to 'Sample' tab >> Press 'Sample' button (No. of Container value not be blank).

By doing so, Inspection lot status will be 'REL'.

Now give UD by QA11.

Your production quantity will be in 'Un-Restricted'.

In QA32, you can have 'Production/Process Order' No., & 'Customer' columns in layout.

- Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chintan,

Yes it's true what you say about the lay-out, but where can I fill in the customer number?

Rgds,

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thanks for the reply and the nice suggestions. You said something about make-to-order flows... are these available if the production module is not implemented?

Thanks,

Philippe

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I don't believe so.

Craig