cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect database of java dictionary to Web dynpro Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating a database structure using java dictionary.

I have to use a web dynpro Interface for all those fields which were created for database structure erlier .When user enters

data into those fields,all the entered data must be saved into correspoding fields of database table which i have created.

One more thing is I _ have to use JAVA EJB for business logic and data access_.

Can anybody tell me how to connect my database structure to web dynpro interface for corresponding fields.

All inputs will be appriciated.

Regards,

Khushboo Singhal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create your EJBs in a J2EE EJB dc. Expose the EJBs in public part as enties that can be packaged into other dcs (assembly jars)

Create web dynpro dc

Copy the java bean that access EJBs into this web dynpro dc.

Create a java bean model in Web DYnpro and consume the java beans from the same project.

Build your application over this java bean model.

You dont have to any entry in the web.xml in Web Dynpro

Go through the below PDF this will solve ur problem.

Link:[ Consuming EJBs in web dynpro Using java dictionary|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1f5f3366-0401-0010-d6b0-e85a49e93a5c]

In new CE release there is EJB Model where you can consume the EJBs directly as EJB Model in Web Dynpro. Then you can create application over this EJB Model.

Regards

Surender Dahiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have treid wid the same link that you have given to me..

i created a project n did same things but at last when i reach to the deployment phase of project..i deploy dictionary project successfully.later on when i deploy my Ear file of EJB project it shows sme error related to create method in command bean..it asks for doble & string type argumnts for create method..i have givn d same parmaeters to entity Bean..

but it creates to create methods..in same Bean

n Ejb-jar.xml got coruuptd just aftr this problm..

Can u temme how to get rid of this problm..?

All hlpful posts will b appriciatd..

Regards,

Khushboo Singhal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at this blog:

/people/karthikeyan.rammohan/blog/2007/12/06/jdbc-connectivity-with-webdynpro-and-max-db

Rgs,

Vinod V