cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS timeout value

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my global.srvc file, I have a timeout value of 10. For my CATW service, I have a timeout value of 5. I signed into ESS, launched the CATW service, and let it sit idle for 6 minutes. I then tried to do something with the CATW service (i.e. click a submit button) and to my surprise, I did not get a "session timeout" message. It let me submit my data.

Can anyone explain why this happened?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value I was using was ~timeout.

I still don't understand why my session did not timeout after 6 minutes of innactivity if my ~timeout value was set to 5 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

ralph_resech
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I think your values are too tight. There is a thread that is checking for expired sessions (means sessions longer idle than ~timeout) if this thread finds one it will be deleted.

How often this thread loops through the sessions is defined by the parameter "TimeoutSweep" which is set by default to 300 (seconds). So in your test this session will be deleted in 5 to 10 minutes. You will see this effect if you increase the gap between both ~timeout values or decrease TimeoutSweep.

Regards

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

is it ~timeout or ~UserTimeout that you have changed in your srvc file? ~timeout is for the max HTTP response time, whereas ~userTimeout adjusts your user idle time / user session life span.

Hope this helps,

Michael

> In my global.srvc file, I have a timeout value of 10.

> For my CATW service, I have a timeout value of 5. I

> signed into ESS, launched the CATW service, and let

> it sit idle for 6 minutes. I then tried to do

> something with the CATW service (i.e. click a submit

> button) and to my surprise, I did not get a "session

> timeout" message. It let me submit my data.

>

> Can anyone explain why this happened?

>

> Thanks.

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

~timeout sets the time span (in minutes) after which the session will be terminated in case of user inactivity. ~usertimeout (in hours) defines how long a SSO cookie (with user, password, client) is valid and can be used for a relogin to the system.

For details please check:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/ef243a84da356be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">ITS 6.20 Service parameter documentation</a>

Best regards,

Klaus