cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS with varient configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am using the varient configuration in SAP , what we want that based on the characteristic value system should select the document , I don't know how to go about it , Please help me !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

As per my knowledge varient configuration is used to configure varients for a materials.

To link with Document you try with following steps:

1) Create different characteric as per requirement using T code CT04.

1) Create classification using T code CL02, enter class type 017 (for document mgmt) and in characteristic tab make entry as per your requirement, save it.

2) Create DIR using T code CV01N(attach the required document). Click on Classification Tab, then call for created class and enter.

for more detail refer to the below link, its gives you all the steps required for Variant configuration :

http://help.sap.com/bp_imcv1500/IMC_DE/Documentation/E83_E84_Scen_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Hope it will help you, If not please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

If it useful, reward me the points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I am using class type 17 which is for DMS I won't be able to assign it to material master , I can use class type 200 or 300 only for the purpose of varient configuration. So, what should I do ?

regard,

Ranjan Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

We can link any SAP object to DMS using object link. For that in customization :cross application component->document management->control data-> define document type ( T Code DC10), Select the DIR ,and enter in to define object links, new entries, select object as MARA, screen no. 201 and create document select 1. save it.

Then for create DIR, select the object link tab enter the BOM which already been created. Hope this will solve your query.

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

If useful, reward the points.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks all

I have linked the characteristic value to document and I am using class type 300 , but I am not able to open/view the document in purchase order.

Any one has the idea of class type 048, please let me know the use of this class type

regards

Ranjan amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Go to SPRO --> Cross Application Component --> Classification System --> Classes --> Maintain Object Types & Class Types, now in your scenario, you want to use the document in PO but you are using the class type 300 which is for Variant Configuration, so choose the class type 300 and go into details ...check whether the "Document" screen options is selected or not, if not then select that and Save.

I hope this will solve your issue, similarly you can get into class type 48 and check the settings used accordingly.

Reward Points if it helps,

Regards,

N

In case all this sound complicated to you, simply in your document "document type" enter the class type and class..that should also solve your purpose..!!!

Regards,

N

Edited by: Nitesh Nagpal on Jun 10, 2008 11:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more thing i want to add here is...when you want to use VC for DMS...then Class Type 17 will not work...you have to select Class Type 201 in that scenario.

Regards,

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm able to assign document to char. value (CT04) but I'm not able to display the same document in P.O

HELP ME

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

The requirement you are speaking of can me met through standard SAP functionality.

Create the document (CV01N) with specific naming convention, version, number and the rest of the details...and when you are creating the Characterstics, just attach the document to that specific charatcterstic so that when through VC a particular char. is chosen automatically the document will be picked up from that charc.

(you have a specific tab in characterstic where you can attach a document to it)

so in a way...VC for Documents will automatically work.

I hope this solves your problem

Reward point if it helps,

Regards,

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

thanks for your reply ,

what you are saying is std. SAP but I don't want to assign document at char. level I wants to assign it to its value level .

E.g color is my char. and it has four value : red,black,blue and green.

If I assign document to char.(color) whatever char. value( red,black,blue.....) I take system will pick the same document for all char. value. Which I don't want.

Please guide how to link Characteristic value to document !

regards,

Ranjan Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

You can also attach the document to material in Material -> Additional Data screen. Based on the material selection, corresponding document will be selected for the BOM.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i want to know the requirement, could you elaborate please.

Regards,

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can u explain ur requirement in detail.

Regards

Sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

We are working for a furniture manufacturing company,

scenario : Our finiesd product is e.g office table which they make in different color, To aviod maintaing large number of master data we are using Varient Configuration,In varient Configuration we can select different characteristics(colors) based on requirement,

When we create the sales order for e.g RED color table system should pick the red color laminate document from DMS , How to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

I dont know whether this will work or not.. I just giving an idea. Maintain the documents under the Super BOM and write the rules for these items simialr to other items.

regards,

rajesh.