cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Data from SQL Server table and create IDOC in R/3- Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have scenario where i need to exract data from SQL server and pass the key fields to R/3 and get the corresponding records and do some calculation and mapp the fields to appropriate segment fields of the shipment idoc SHIPMENT_CREATEFROMDATA01?and i need to update the read flag as well once the record has been read from the SQL Server table.

I can do this scenario by

1) JDBC to ABAP Proxy -

2) JDBC to IDOC using RFC Lokups

3) JDBC to IDOC using BPM------ Not recommanded

Please suggest me which method is good for doing this scenario without BPM Please?

Regards,

Bhoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use JDBC - ABAP proxy. It would be best in performance terms.

need to update the read flag as well once the record has been read from the SQL Server table.

This can be done using the update sql query at sender jdbc communication channel

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can say u can go with JDBC to IDOC.

If u have a standard IDOC to update the data base then better option is to go with IDOC.

U can go with RFC lookups i used RFC lookups in many scenarios it will work.so u can go with it.

Use this crazy piece for any RFC Mapping Lookups!

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

Thanks,

phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Proxy is always efficient and fasters. But in your case you can diretly go with JDBC-Idoc (with RFC lookup). Also as this scenario can be possible without BPM so you can avoid BPM.

Thanks

Farooq.

Edited by: Farooq Farooqui on May 30, 2008 3:27 PM

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

If u want to use IDOC target side ..

then go for JDBCto IDOC using RFC lookup.

Regards

Rao