Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC reciver error - urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am using file to JDBC scenario.

I am getting error at receiver side.when i am placing the access databse on the XI server scenario works fine but when connection is made to the other server I am constantly getting the same error.

Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//132.186.77.105/sugeet/AIP/DATABASE/Flight.mdb': SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Connection parameters are.

Driver - sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection - jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//132.186.77.105/sugeet/AIP/DATABASE/Flight.mdb

I had given all the permissions still I am facing this problem.

Please help on this.

Best Regards,

Sugeet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Installed JDBC Drivers?

Go through this links,

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/02/27/configuring-jdbc-connector-service-to-perform-database-lookups

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid21_gci1246926,00.html

To install JDBC driver follow the how to guide.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guide...

Configuration of JDBC Adapter for SQL Server

JDBC Driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hostname:<port>;DatabaseName=<DBName>

UserID and Password.

If the connection is not working find the correct port number.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40b92770-db81-2a10-8e91-f747188d...

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Please check the driver path as mentioned below.

JDBC Driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection:jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//location of DB table.mdb;

No JDBC driver required.

Receiver JDBC scenario MS access - /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

follow this thread

SAP Note 850116 has details

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL

It means your driver doesn't connect to the right port

If somebody opened the ms access file, XI wont update the records in that file.

Try to close the file

JDBC Driver: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//132.186.77.105/sugeet/AIP/DATABASE/Flight.mdb

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error is related to the authorization on the folder where the mdb file is stored. See this

http://support.yessoftware.com/kb_article.asp?article_id=4

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your error there is:

" It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."

I think it's clear. Somebody has opened this file and it can't be opened several times simoltanously. Tru to open the file and find out, who is using it and ask him to close it. (but I'd say, it's opened by you )

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your error there is:

" It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."

I think it's clear. Somebody has opened this file and it can't be opened several times simoltanously. Try to open the file and find out, who is using it and ask him to close it. (but I'd say, it's opened by you )

Peter