cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMC showing nodes Yellow but everything seems to be running fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have EP6 SP14 installed in a clustered on two Windows 2003 ENT Servers. The jcontrol.exe on both nodes is showing up Yellow in MMC although the Portal is running fine. The message changes from Initial to "Status is unavailable". I checked all the logs and do not fine any errors. This is not a critical issue but a rather annoying one because I cannot see/troubleshoot problems form processes listed in the process list from MMC.

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

What is the status of SDM in the process table.Also what can you see if you right the jcontrol.exe and select "Developer trace".I believe this should be typically being caused due the RAM problem of the server.

SAP<SID> services requires more RAM for smooth functioning.If RAM is not there the jcontrol.exe goes to yellow and tries to come up to green.This also happens when the server do not receive message from message server.

Try clearing some application and space in the server and restart the server again.

hope it helps.

regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no errors in the dev trace file. The portal seems to be running fine. The Servers have 5GB RAM and is running at less than 50% memory utilization. The Java administration web app is showing everything as “running” and green. The problem is that the MMC cannot communicate with jcontrol.exe and keeps the node yellow with the status as “status unavailable”.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raul,

It might happen if there is mismatch in the codepage of the native binaries. I mean if some of the binaries are unicode and the others are non-unicode. This usually happens in case of manual upgrade of the components.

Kind Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Vyara.

We have only used the standard upgrade patches to get to 6.14. What is the best way to confirm that we have all unicode binaries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raul,

Search for jcontrol in /usr/sap/<SID> directory and execute jcontrol -v in every directory, where it is found.

Best Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

All show the same unicode version (all nodes and instances)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

does the status show "running" in the process table?

regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply…

The process table does not render anything in MMC. It does however render in the web based administration report for system information. All processes show green and in a running state. This leads me to believe it is a problem with MMC.