cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59 and .NET server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Can anyone provide exhaustive detail on how to set up SM59 to call down to a .NET server via SAP/ABAP?

I have a good working knowledge of coding in both ABAP and in .NET and have called up to SAP from .NET programs many times.

I have gone through a list of steps that exists in a few places on this board on how to create a .NET server to respond to SAP, but none of them has provided enough information for me to know what I need to do in SM59.

While I am knowledgeable about many things, please assume that I am a complete moron with regard to SM59, because it is certainly making me feel like one.

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not really complicated: Create a destination of connection type "T" (TCP/IP). Set Activation Type to "Registration". This means that your .NET RFC server starts on its own, e.g. as a Windows Service and registers itself on the gateway.

Enter as "Program ID" an arbitrary string. This is a "cookie" that you later pass on the command line of your .NET RFC server with the "-a" option. With this string the gateway knows which server belong to which destination.

If you have more than one application server in your system, you also need to specify to which one your RFC server connects. This is configured in the "Gateway" area of SM59.

When everything is configured, save and run your .NET RFC server with command line

myNetServer -a<Program ID> -g<Application ServerHost> -x<Gateway Service>

<Program ID> is the string I mentioned before.

<Application ServerHost> is the name or IP of your one-and-only APP-Server or the server you configured in "Gateway".

<GatewayService> is the TCP/IP-Port number of the Gatway service. Usuallly it's "sapgw<SystemNumber>, or 3300+<SystemNumber>.