cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using BAdi 'BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS' to determine the Backend System for Shopping Cart item. I see the changing parameters ITEM_DATA and ACCT_DATA in the BAdi, but only one line item is passed to this structre at a time even if I create a SC with multiple lines. Is this standard behaviour?

For EX:

I create a SC with 2 lines

Line1:

001 with cost center 'ABC'

Line2:

002 with WBS element 'XYZ'

For all WBS lines...backend is BE1

For all CC lines......backend is BE2

If we have a SC with a combo of CC & WBS....the backend is BE1.

I thought we would see all lines in ITEM_DATA and ACCT_DATA when this BAdi is triggered, but that's not the case. I see line 001 with 'ABC' first and then the BAdi is triggered again with next line 002 with 'XYZ'. Anybody faced similar situation? or any other ideas?

I hope I am clear.

Any kind of help is appreciated nad rewarded.

Thanks,

Shekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And, can we update Logical Backend for SC item in 'BBP_DOC_CHANGE' BAdi?

Thanks,

Shekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

doc_change would not be good method to redetrmine backend for SC.

documentation for BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS:DETERMINE_LOGSYS says it is specifically for the purpose you want

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dinesh, but how would I deretmine logical system in this case? Is this BAdi supposed to be behaving like this, processing one line at a time? anybody has any ideas?

Thanks,

Shekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the documentation of the BADI carefully.This BADI is used to determine the target system for each ITEM where the follow on doc is to be created (Po/Contract).

BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS

You can use the Business Add-In BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS to define your own criteria for determining the backend system / company code. You use this BAdI to determine the source system for

Shopping cart items

In the standard system, the backend system is determined using the product category Define Backend Systems. The backend System is placed in the field ITEM_DATA-LOGICAL_SYSTEM. Then the system calls the Business Add-In BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS.

The company code is put in the field ITEM_DATA-BC_CO_CODE. Then the system calls the Business Add-In BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS.

Contracts

In the standard system, the system creates contracts locally from Sourcing and SAP Bidding Engine You can use this BAdI to determine a backend system.

Example

Shopping Cart:

Backend system A is determined for product category OFFICEMATERIAL. You also want to consider the vendor and purchasing organization fields during determination of the backend system. The purchase order is to be created in backend system B for the vendor OFFICE1 and purchasing organization 0001. You overwrite the field ITEM_DATA-LOGICAL_SYSTEM with B.

Contract:

The local system used by the standard system to create contracts is XYZ4711. In the field CV_LOGSYS, you enter the logical system ABC0815 that links to a backend system. In this way, contracts are created in the backend system.

Standard settings

The BAdI provides the following methods:

DETERMINE_LOGSYS

CONTRACT_LOGSYS_DETERMINE

Activities

Implement this BAdI if you want to define a target system that is different from the standard system.

Further notes

Implementation

BAdI Create Contract in Backend System

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Answers (0)