cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jsp and web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using web dynpro to add and edit records in a database. We are using jsp to produce reports from the same data since we feel that we cannot acheive the desired effect with web dynpro. The problem is having web dynpro and jsp communicate. I can use portal eventing but sometime I need large amounts of data such as maybe all the search criteria to generate a new report. What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yasu_ramaiah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

I would suggest you to pass the values as HTTP request parameters. It seems like you just need the serach parameters, this should be asimple solution.

Thanks,

Yasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also need to talk back to web dynpro. Will this be a viable option? can we send http request parameters to a jspdynpage component.

Thanks

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

It's possible to send HTTP request parameters to a jspdynpage.

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

You can send HTTP request with method GET and pass parameters through URL and there are some restrictions in data size. You can`t send it via POST method (see ). So, I don`t think HTTP request is good option to transfer big amount of data or structured data between applications.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a similar issue about communicating between jsp and webdynpro

I am on SAP CE 7.2 and whatever context i pass to jsp from wdj its not accessible in jsp.

is there anything I am missing here?

I have tried http session and other contexts which should ideally pass the parameters, even the url is not carrying the parameters to jsp pages.

my jsp pages are in a WAR file

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Vijay,

<i> ... we feel that we cannot achieve the desired effect with web dynpro</i>. May I ask you which concrete requirements you cannot fulfill using Web Dynpro UI elements?

Regards, Bertram

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

May be EJB would be good option for you. Or transient attributes in IUser.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.