Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public logon group not showing up

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I am trying to create a SAPGui entry for logon group access to customer ECC6.0 system.

I have configured the service and sapmsg.ini file.

I was told by customer sysadmin that PUBLIC logon group was created but in the list of logon groups I can only see SPACE.

Moreover, if I complete the procedure with SPACE logon group, when I try to login it won't succeed, warning that even the client number is wrong (?!).

My questions are:

- how to retrieve message server number and port (even though I am fairly certain that they are ok, otherwise the Logon group list wouldn't have been populated... right?)

- what might be the cause for the PUBLIC logon group not to show up

Thanks, points will be awarded

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you get such strange errors, it almost seems like you are trying to logon to the wrong server.

Please check sapmsg.ini again to see that the correct hostname/ip-address is entered.

Also, did you notice if the server name is correct at the logon screen ?

Every Dialog instance or Central Instance gets logon group SPACE by default. Then, when you create logon groups for the instance,

the group SPACE will disappear.

In some installations the central instance and the message server both uses the instance number of the central instance as a base to calculate the ports.

CentralInstance/DialogInstance = 3200, MsgServer=3600

but, on some installations (E g Windows Cluster) this could be different.

There you might have something like:

CentralInstance/DialogInstance = 3200 and the MsgServer=3601

You need to ask your sysadmin for message server port and host.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I was using the wrong mesg server port 3601 instead of 3600, I modified services entry sapms<SID> and everything runs smoothly now.

Thanks!

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. What you see in SMLG ? Are your PUBLIC here? Then you add lines in "services", the last line must be Empty. Are you specify correct Message server port ? That you see after in SAP GUI press --> Groups --> in

"System ID" your system ID, in message server your MS IP ,and press "Generate list" ?

Regards.