cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when reversing the Billing document,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cancelled a billing document but it was never passed to accouting because the period is closed as the original billing document period is closed.Can i change the billing document that got cancelled for todays date so it can post to the accouting.Please let me know the options.I know i can reverse the transaction in AR but do i have options doing it from SD

Thanks.

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have a option of changing the billing document date.

Go to VF02 ,

enter the billing document,

then go to header details where u can change the billing documnet date.

change the date to current period date and save the document.

Pts if ur problem is solved

Rgds

B.JAGANATH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One option here is to request the finance team to open the posting period, and release this particular Invoice into accounting. But this option may not happen every time.

Another option is to cancel this invoice and create a new one in the current period. I think this will be the best option.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a option to change the billing documnet date under header details.

1) Go to VF02

2) Enter billing document date

3) Go to header deatils and change the billing date to current billing date

4) save the document.

Pts if ur problem gets solved

RGDS

B.JAGANATH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aravind-Its a billing document created by cancelling one of the billing document so i cannot cancel again the the canceled document.

Jaganath- The billing date is grayed out if i try to open the billing document using VF02.

Regards,

Sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's greyed out in the Overview screen which is why you have to go via the menu Header > Details as previously advised.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

We get this issue usually in our project.What the SD team does is cancel the Invoice for which the error is posting period is not open and create a new billibg document with current date so that the document gets posted in the current accounting period which is open.

Regards

ARAVIND

assign points if helpful