cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Data on to Mobile Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have configured MAM3.0 SR05 Laptop version. The application is working fine with some users and not getting any data on some other users. Even we are able to see that data in the backend and middleware using MEREP_MON. Even it shows status message as success in the outbound worklist monitor. We are maintaining same roles, profiles and authorizations for all the users and same versions. Why some of the users are unable to see any data on their Laptop. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Some more information.

Backend: ERP 6.0 with SP15.

Middleware: NW7.0 with SP15.

Mobile Client Details:

MOBILEENGINE_JSP Framework 70150

DB2E DB2e 9.1.2

MAMLAPTOP MAM Application SR05

LOCALHOST Local Host Add-on

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Scott.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use the tool start.jsp of MAM30 application and check if you have any data downloaded for the syncbo's to the device. You can do this by going to the URL http://locahost:4444/MAM30/start.jsp page.

Sometimes it so happens that you have all data downloaded to the client but in MAM30_090 the links for various components are not active. So do a check of that also.

As you are saying, you have same profile on the backend, go to the table of MAM30_090 syncbo on the middleware by going to table MEREP_207 table in SE16 and check for top instance of MAM30_090 and see if there is any data for the required user. If not then there is some problem in the backend. Else then do a client reset of data in MI client settings Tab click on "Reset Data" button and then do a sync and try.

Hope it works.

Best Regards

Siva

Edited by: Siva Rama Krishna J on May 29, 2008 7:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for quick reply. I can able to see the data for specific user in the backend using MAM30_001_getlist(orders)MAM30_011_getlist(Notifications) and Scenarios etc. Even I can able to see the data in MEREP_207 table too. Surprisingly in the worklist monitor also I am getting status as success. But I am unable to see the data in the mobile device. I have checked using the URL http://locahost:4444/MAM30/start.jsp page. But I didnt get you activating the components. How can I do that.

Regards,

Scott.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry but looks like you have confused a bit. You cannot activate the components from the client but rather you have to do for a paticular user in the backed and then replicate the same to the middleware and then do a sync from the client to get the latest data on to the client. As you are saying that you are using the same profile for all users it should n't be a problem.

You can start the application by clicking on MAM30 application link in the MI home page and then in the URL instead of start replace it with start.jsp and see if you have data of all syncbo's in the client.

or

Do a client reset by going to MI - Settings Tab- and then click on "Reset Client" or "Reset Data" , not sure exactly and then do a sync from the client and check if you are getting data or not.

Best Regards,

Siva.

PS:Reward with some points if you find the post useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

if ou say you have no data on the device? Well, there are a few things to clarif first:

I expect you can start MAM on the client at all.

If you start MAM, can you see the initial screen with two Menu entries or are there all menu entries available (for orders, notifications,etc....)

It can be that you are lacking some settings in SPRO for this specific user or the scenario for this user is not correct in SPRO. Compare these scenarios with the users that are ok.

Check if the dataset in MAM30_090 and MAM30_095 is okay on device and in MAM30_090_GETLIST/GETDETAIL for this user. This is the most necessary dataset. If you do not get this - you will never see MAM30_001 for example on the device - even if it is there.

Hope this helps to get you a step further.

Oh - just a quesiton - if it is only on a few devices. check if the users have appropiate rights on these machines. DB2e for example stores files in the Windows directory. So if you are not allowed to write into the Windows directory -- well -- you will not get any data down to the device. Check the log fiels and you will see some errors there - most likely!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)