Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New page in smartforms

former_member200338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the following requirement.

I have a page1 with logo, sender, receiver information, line items. Line items start in the middle of the first page. When the line items fit in first page, then second page must be the declaration page. But incase the line items exceeds, then the line item must start in the top of the second page and when it is done it must print the third page.

Options tried:

Created page1, page2 & page3. Page1 will have the logo, sender, receiver & line item from 1 to 15. when the line item count is less than 15, then page 3 is called. This is working fine.

Now, when the item count is greater than 15 then Page2 is called (using command lines). Page 2 has a table which starts with line item numbered 15. Page 2 has a main window. But the contents of the main window is not being executed. Command lines can be inserted only in Main window. but main window is not being executed. Hence i am not able to call 3rd page.

i cant copy the first page as second page, as i need the line item table to start in top of the page. first page has line item in centre of the page.

Points will be rewarded for sure...

Regards,

G.N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

Considering your requirement, you'll need those 3 pages. However, you shouldn't use that command to break page if lines are more than 15 in first page. If that table with line items is in MAIN window it will break automatically, if the line don't fit in the MAIN window height of the current page.

So, in your smartform, you should have page1, with LOGO, and MAIN window (with table items) and page 2, only with MAIN window. (this solves part 1 of problem). This can print 30 pages or more! 1 with logo, 29 with just MAIN.

Now yes. To print declaration page, you'll need the COMMAND line (print page 31!). You should put it in the footer section of the table in MAIN window. This will insert a page break command and create another page with the declaration. Remember that the footer seccion must have in its print time only the condition after main marked, not in page-break time.

Hope this solves your problem.

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Edited by: Valter Oliveira on May 29, 2008 6:17 PM