Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Following fields setup :

Created By [field type : User stamp]

Created On [field type : create stamp]

Updated On [field type : time stamp ]

Updated By [field type : User stamp]

On record create - all of these fields are supposed tobe populated but in SP06 HF 04 - when we use "Shift+Delete" to save the record - in record detail the auto id and all the above fields are not populated . Refresh or click anywhere else away from the record pane & then come back to the record detail - you see all values populated .

To me it looks like a bug - has anyone else observed this?

Regards,

Vinay

Edited by: Vinay on May 29, 2008 10:37 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I've tested this again and the issue has been solved as of release MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch 3 (build 5.5.63.57).

The following field types are now filled and shown immediately in MDM Data Manager after creation and saving of new record:

- MDM ID

- default values for boolean fields (when you haven't entered any value)

- user stamps

- time stamps

So you don't have to do refresh anymore after the creation of the record!

Kind regards,

Marcel Herber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcel, I agree.... the latest version did solve the problem.

Edited by: Vinay on Sep 4, 2008 11:44 AM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Just check if it allows you making the User stamp, create stamp and the time stamp fields as Required in the field property in Console.

It might work.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Jul 30, 2008 7:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

We have exactly same problem. We are on 5.5.62.53 on linux platform.

The fields are only visible when we do refresh or click on the record in record pane. Just a Shift-Enter is indeed not enough!

By the way, this was working correctly when we were on SP05 (5.5.42.110), so it looks like bug to me.

Do you already found solution for this?

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope .. still having the same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

The create/user/time stamps are not getting populated.

Create stamp gets populated only for the first time you are importing or adding a record in Data Manager.

User and time stamps gets populated only if you have selected it for the fields you are changing/updating. For this go to MDM Console, and inthe user and time stamps fields check in fields detail whether you have selected for all those fields which you are changing in data manager. If not select those. Now try updating the records. It will be reflected in the stamps

I hope I am able to help you

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Kaur Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Whenever you want to create a record in MDM data manger.

- Rt click on the record pane and select ADD

- On adding a new record you need to fill in all the deatails of the record under the record detail tab

- You will be bale to make entry in the editable fields but not in Sytem populated fields such a suser stamp and create stamp etc

- After entering the valid data you have to just click on the main data manager record pane-

- A processing icon will be shown for sometime afterw hich your created record should get filled with all the sytem defined fields

- Shift+Enter is also one way to save the rec.

I have worked on SP06 and it is fine with this funtionality.it is the way it works for any version for SAP MDM.

Hope it helped

Kindly Reward points if found useful

Thanks

SImona

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Generally the calculated fields and stamp fields are disabled. For time stamp and user stamp you cant enter data; it gets data by default.. By default i mean when you log on as Admin the user stamp becomes Admin and the time stamp is the time when you save the record. And when you click in any other pane the record gets saved and value is embedded into those fields. Its not a bug, but its the functionality of MDM fields.

Cheers,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops !! sorry - that was a typo - it should have been "Shift+Enter"

I am not trying to do any data entry in to these fields. These are the fields that are causing heart burn. There are several other fields - where I do data entry - but when I do "Shift+Enter" - I don't see these stamp fields populated !! I have to click some where else [which is another way of saving the record] or do a refresh.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I tried this thing at my side and its working fine i.e. on pressing Shift + Enter fields are getting the values. I am using MDM 5.5 SP6 {5.5.62.50}.

Just try one thing make these fields as Required and then check.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You need to press SHIFT + ENTER to save the record not the shift + delete.

Just try this.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja