cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert from Message Mapping Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a scenario wherein I am using BAPI Request & Response Messages in my mapping. I am receiving a no. from Bapi Response if the request i successful. If the number returned from BAPI is null or '', then an alert has to be thrown and send an email to support, otherwise normal processing of message.

My question is how can I raise an alert from BAPI return Variable Value without using BPM or JAVA UDF.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of for your replies. But I am not able to Raise Alerts from this information. Any more inputs please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention, I am using XSLT mapping for both request & response. I cannot use Graphical mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread and see if it helps.

Sameer

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You have to raise an exception or do something in the mapping so that it fails in the mapping.

Eg: map the reposnse to a node that is mandatory in the target side. If that node is not created, you will get a mapping failure error in runtime.

After that,you can configure a generic alert for any error in Integration engine, so that whenever your mapping fails, you will generate an alert.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can trigger the alert in UDF

throw new RuntimeException("This occurred to trigger an alert");

Also Please see the below links

Triggering XI Alerts from a User Defined Function - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at the Block

Throwing Smart Exceptions in XI Graphical Mapping

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

Triggering XI Alerts from a User Defined Function

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Raising Exceptions in SAP XI Mapping

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/02/23/raising-exceptions-in-sap-xi-mapping

Look at this forum link

Please Reward Points if it helps

Thanks

Vikranth