Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External JCO unable to send RFC calls to Integration Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is the statement true in the subject?

Otherwords:

How can I send RFC calls to XI with a non-SAP system. is it possible?

Thanks for answering

Edited by: Gerg# Majoros on May 29, 2008 5:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible

SAP JCo can be implemented with Desktop applications and with Web server applications.

SAP JCo is used as an integrated component in the following applications:

● SAP Business Connector, for communication with external Java applications

● in the Application Server, for connecting the integrated J2EE server with the ABAP environment.

SAP JCo can also be implemented as a standalone component, for example to establish communication with the SAP system for individual online (web) applications.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/09/a4a9e1d51d11d6b2c200508b5d5c51/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I know that I can send rfc to ABAP stack with JCO, but can I send rfc to the Integration Engine which is on the ABAP stack, and which can forward that call to another system.

I hope it is clear what is the difference between these two "scenario". I want to know only the second one.

Edited by: Gerg# Majoros on May 29, 2008 5:39 PM

Edited by: Gerg# Majoros on May 29, 2008 5:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The exact question is: how can I connect to the RFC sender adapter with an external JCo.

If I could that, my problem would be solved. My scenario is to call a remote enabled funcion modul in a sap backend from a third party system via XI.

I know that is a very unique but I want to do is. is it possible?

I think it is not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Anyone? please help.

My problem is again: I can't call a remote enabled function module in SAP from an third party system via XI.

scenario: Third party RFC-XI-RFC.

I can't connect to the RFC adapter in the Adapater Engine, because my calls are always executed in the ABAP stack of the XI.

With the JCo you can only set the username,passwd,hostname,clientnumber,systemid parameters for the JCo.createClient method. But this RFC connection, I think, alwasys an "3" type connection. But I need "T" type RFC to connect to the Adapter Engine.

Help please.