cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Multi-lingual Hierarchy for Taxonomy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to import Mulit-lingual hierarchy.

Thanks

Jasbir Battu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Importing Mulilingual Hierarchy, firstly your repository should be multilingual say English, France and German which can be done by unload your repository then Click on your MDM server , then after selecting your desired repository, In Repository Details also Select two more languages say France and German then save it.

As for Hierachy or Category sub-Tables, Suppose For Importing Multilingual Hierarchy you have table Name Categories the field in this table say Name of Type Text should be multi-lingual = Yes in MDM console.

Load the Repository.

After that Suppose you have three hierarchies Source file in Different Languages then in Import Mangager after selecting your Source file in Source table and Categories as current table in your Destination Fields,

In MDM Import Manager, Go to Configuration Options, Change Property Expand Multilinual Text Fields As Multiple Fields, after this you will see three fields in Categories table you will get three Fields here Name in Different Languages with change in color as Black for primary language, Green for first level inheritance language and red for second level inheritance language, Map the desired Source language field with desired Destination Field For Example English source Field with Name as Destination Field and Source German field with Nom as Target Destination field, So when u open Data Manager with Say Language German You will get Hierarchy in German Language only.

Rewards if Useful....

Hope it will help you,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

But if I will open Data Manager in English language, Language tab should have all language in "Black color". In my case I did the same as described by you but still all the languages are coming in Red color.

Can you explain this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasbir,

Refer this link for more Details:

1.http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm -

> Multilingual Basics and Multilingual Operations

2.http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/12036df94c3e92e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm -

> Multilingual Support also Navigate MultiLingual Operations to Import Multilingual Data Into Lookup Tables then to Import into Hierarchy Tables

Rewards if Useful,

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (0)