Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsd error...tabs not displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getiing this error in trace.

Only MDSD tab of appl. gets displayed..and no other link comes..I have done all the confg. at backend and middleware.

[20080529 12:29:37:678] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON

[20080529 12:29:37:678] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Mobile Infrastructure Version: MI 25 SP 20 Patch 00 Build 200703222033

[20080529 12:29:37:678] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Timezone: GMT+05:30

[20080529 12:29:37:678] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Trace Level: 50

[20080529 12:29:55:773] E [AppLog/MI/Core ] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: miProjectPackage.MiProjectClass

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: miProjectPackage.MiProjectClass

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:199)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.findSystemClass(ClassLoader.java:717)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup.loadClass(Startup.java:466)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup.loadClass(Startup.java:358)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.MobileSolutionDescriptor.getApplication(MobileSolutionDescriptor.java:465)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.startApplication(ApplicationManager.java:378)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.HomeFrame.startApp(HomeFrame.java:2658)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.HomeFrame.action(HomeFrame.java:705)

at java.awt.Component.handleEvent(Component.java:5341)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.HomeFrame.handleEvent(HomeFrame.java:1010)

at java.awt.Window.postEvent(Window.java:1614)

at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java:3895)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3631)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:480)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

[20080529 12:29:55:773] E [AppLog/MI/API/Runtime/AWT] Cannot start application MDSD

com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationNotAvailableException: Application MDSD cannot be accessed because miProjectPackage.MiProjectClass cannot be instaniated Reason: miProjectPackage.MiProjectClass

at com.sap.ip.me.core.MobileSolutionDescriptor.getApplication(MobileSolutionDescriptor.java:472)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.startApplication(ApplicationManager.java:378)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.HomeFrame.startApp(HomeFrame.java:2658)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.HomeFrame.action(HomeFrame.java:705)

at java.awt.Component.handleEvent(Component.java:5341)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.HomeFrame.handleEvent(HomeFrame.java:1010)

at java.awt.Window.postEvent(Window.java:1614)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3631)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:480)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

two possible issues: one is the app was not available for download at all. Check if you can download the app from the server by entering the url on your mobile device. This is an issue for example if you are outside the internal network, connected via VPN or so and the download link is not the IP but the URL of the server. This will not work in 80% of the cases.

Second: have you restarted the device after the download of the app? The app needs to be initialiced and this is done while resarting MI on the device. Without that you see the link - but you can not access the App.

Hope that helps to bring you any further.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for reply.

i am in my company network only.

and secondly this problem is coming on all the laptops where i want to install theMDSD..

Any hints how I can rectify this.

Akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, if you are in the local network - then try to enter the download URL direclty in a browser and try to get the App via this URL. If it is not working, check the server settings and the upload url.

If you can download it - check if it is available in the MI folder and then restart MI.

Well, this would be the first thing I would look at. I suppose you are using the original DSD version from SAP, not a customized one. So it is the original SPA file - as long as it is not the patch it should work in my suggestion.

What is the size of the file after you downloaded it with the browser from the internal network?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I can download the App when i paste it in IE.

but if i try to "open" it instead of saying "save"it says

Fail to load Main-class manifest attribute from..

c:/doc&settings/<user>/LocalSettings/TempInternetfiles\ContentIE.5\GHYJJKK\1.2MDSD[1].jar.

The file size is 10.3 mb....

One more question do we have to upload only MDSD.jar in webConsole or we have to upload something more ....

Akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, if you did follow the installation guide for MDSD, then everything should be fine from that point. And that you can not open the file in IE is fine as well - it was just to clarify if you can download it and if it has the correct size.

On the other side, if I have a look on your original posting - it seems there is missing a file....

20080529 12:29:55:773 E AppLog/MI/API/Runtime/AWT Cannot start application MDSD

com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationNotAvailableException: Application MDSD cannot be accessed because miProjectPackage.MiProjectClass cannot be instaniated Reason: miProjectPackage.MiProjectClass

at com.sap.ip.me.core.MobileSolutionDescriptor.getApplication(MobileSolutionDescriptor.java:472)

Please check the setup guide again - I have to do it as well - it seems you are right and there is a component missing - but to be honest I have no idea what component it is at the moment. Let me check....

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

The application now got installed correctly...

when we see the MDSD appl. which we upload to webConsole has size 3.9 mb but when we download it from WebConsole its 10.3 mb.

So i redeployed this 10.3 mb file to webconsole and used that..

Now its working....

thanks for all the help.

Now I am facing another issue..

I have sent master data to connector and has also set polling but all tabs except sync. tab in the application are disabled..

Any idea.

Thanks

Akhil

Answers (0)