cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not allow to print a document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having the requirement that some users can print a document a others don't. I'm wondering if this is posible in DMS and how can i acomplish that.

Thank you all !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are likely to have a lot of difficulty with this. The user can still open in the file in the native application and print it there (so you would have to save every file to a non-printable PDF) or they could save it to their hard drive and print it from there (copy to function).

If you really want to do this, create a non-printable PDF and leave this as the default file to be displayed (I.e. so its the only file that shows when the DIR is in display mode - there is a function for this in T code DC30). For those users wanting to print, if they go into change mode, they will also see the original file as well which is printable so you can authorisation this by selecting who should have access to the DIR in change mode and display mode.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just what have been mentioned, through Authorization you can control this,

The Standard logic of checking DMS authorization objects

Every authorization check is done independently and in a certain sequence. In DMS the levels of authorization check are:

1. Transaction Code

2. C_DRAW_BGR

3. C_DRAW_TCD Create Change Display Delete Maintain number range object

4. C_DRAW_TCS Choose: Create Change Display Delete

5. USER

With ECC 6 you can restrict a particular user in the document itself by going to the "Authorizations" Tab by entering the USER ID of the user..and give the rights accordingly...by default your ID will have the Admin rights.

Reward Points if it helps,

Regards,

N