cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC connectivity - MS Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi I am configuring jdbc sender adapter for fetching the data from the MS -Access remotely.

With available connection parameter , when I am running java program then its running fine but when I am using the same driver connection information then its giving error.

I have already tried all the blogs available on sdn but not able to sort out this issue.

Now I am getting this error at jdbc communication channel lavel.

"

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver = {Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ= //<server IP>/test/Test1.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver = {Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ= //<server IP>/test/Test1.mdb': SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

"

At sender adapter configuration Level--> I give

Transport Protocol: JDBC 2.0

Message Protocol : JDBC

JDBC DRIVER: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection : jdbc:odbc:Driver = {Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ= //<IP Address>/test/Test1.mdb

--> One more thing Can I use the same connection string at udf level in Message Mapping . for ex . Can I create udf -> putting same java code , where at run time it will fatch some data based on the query written in java"

Please share me ur input for the same.

regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

i have the same requirement of intgerating PI7.0 with MS Access 2003 Databse,i am also getting the same error for sender JDBC communication channel as you,can you please let me know how di you resolve this error.

Thanks in Advance.

Rohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I tried all thes blogs & everything is installed as it is running system.

Do we have some specific driver for MS -Access, which we need to install.

Then please let me know .

Let me know how can I use this jdbc connectivity in udf also . thanks

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

Install JDBC driver's

Go through this links,

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/02/27/configuring-jdbc-connector-service-to-perform-database-lookups

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid21_gci1246926,00.html

To install JDBC driver follow the how to guide.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guide...

Configuration of JDBC Adapter for SQL Server

JDBC Driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hostname:<port>;DatabaseName=<DBName>

UserID and Password.

If the connection is not working find the correct port number.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40b92770-db81-2a10-8e91-f747188d...

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Please check the driver path as mentioned below.

JDBC Driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection:jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//location of DB table.mdb;

No JDBC driver required.

Receiver JDBC scenario MS access - /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

follow this thread

SAP Note 850116 has details

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Edited by: SATYA KUMAR AKKARABOYANA on May 29, 2008 2:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Singhal ,

You need to install Jdbc Drivers at your XI system .

Befor doing JDBC connection Better ask Basis Guys to install JDBC drivers(OJDBC14.jar) in XI server.

follow this guide:

JDBC Driver Deployment Guide...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ffd890-0201-0010-708f-d5dad2df...

Regards,

Ramesh.