Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Doubts ( Orders, TL and Location)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Please clarify my doubts below:

1. For a product location (Distribution Center) combination I don't have a external procurement relation. But when I execute the Heuristic Planning for that product location an order with category type "AG" is created. Is that a system behavior or any configuration settings?.

2. How is a transportation lane created between Production Plant and Distribution Center. Is that done automatically?

3.What are all the factors that are considered by the system during the Heuristic and Deployment run to place the order in a particular time bucket (How is the date is calculated for the newly generated orders) ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Procurement Type will define what is the source. AG is the default category for Purch requisitions. try to manually enter a value in distribution receipt and see what you get. this will prove if it is heuristic-specific behaviour

2. Usually the material master has special procurement key in R3 which when transferred as part of product transfer through CIF does create the Trans lane. You would want to invoke user exits though to attach trnsportation modes. If it is an external location, there are purchase info records that do the same thing.

3. As for heuristic - the logic is backward direction planning. this means the net requirements (total demand - total receipt) is calculated for a bucket and the receipts are calculated with leadtime calculations like production and procurement leadtime. The direction of the run would be forward (demand in first bucket is met before the demands in latter bucket) but the receipts are calculated backward to each net requirement.

for deployment the ATR and ATI category groups helps calculated available to deploy quantity in each bucket. the direction is forward in general based on deployment rules defined in SNP2 tab of location product.