cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. XML/XSD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a few simple queries wrt XML and XSD.

I have added MATMAS05.xsd (from R/3) in my console and when I now open XML (confirmed via this xsd) in Import Manager, the source preview is differently managed. There are a few fields ID and _ID**** assigned by MDM to link records.

How do you import data into MDM with this new structure basically? When I see the Import Manager it has so many complex rows...

For instance, my MATMAS05 also has links to E1MAKTM, E1MARCM, E1MARDM, E1MBEWM, E1MLANM etc etc...

How do I import this - i can link the material number but other data is in different tables (now)?

Secondly, I see in my Console -> XSD that there is a file called MDMMATMAS.xsd. I cannot find this file anywhere! Is there a place we can download or someone can send me? (my id is in my business card).

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish

How do you import data into MDM with this new structure basically? When I see the Import Manager it has so many complex rows...

For instance, my MATMAS05 also has links to E1MAKTM, E1MARCM, E1MARDM, E1MBEWM, E1MLANM etc etc

When you open import manager connecting to the xml file in the source file you will get all the segments.Select them one by one and in the source previes see the data details contained in xml file.First decide on which segment contains suiatble data for repository in MDM select it.Then select the main table Material/product in destination item.

Now go to Field/value map tab and do mappings.

I see in my Console -> XSD that there is a file called MDMMATMAS.xsd. I cannot find this file anywhere! Is there a place we can download or someone can send me?

All XSDs are in drive main path where we have installed the MDM installables.Even when you want to add new xsd we have to save the xsd file in that drive.

Hope this helps

Regards-

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say in your first question. Would you please rephrase and be very specific? Is this your first time using the Import Manager? If so, when you are building an import map based on a XML Schema it will show you all of the segments within that schema. You then have to include those in the map by right clicking them and adding them into the map. Once that is done you can perform your mapping.