cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSLT 1:1 transformation?

former_member737583
Participant
0 Kudos

Communication: asynchronous between SPROXY => XI => 3rd Party Webervice.

I've huge XML response with a lot of tags. I just want to have on SPROXY 1:1 response. I've imported from XSD structure of response. I've created message types and message interfaces. I need now to create message mappings between 3rd_party_response and sproxy_response. As I wrote XML has a huge tags (c.a. different 500 tags). Creating those mapping manually is a madness. How can I do this automatically? I guess I can use for that XSLT transformation. Do you have maybe and example of XSLT 1:1 transformation or maybe there is a simplier solution?

Helping answers => a lot of points

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the names are identical, then u can use message mapping directly. Use the option "Map Selected Fields and Substructures if Names Are Identical" in message mapping. For this u have to select the root nodes of source n target structures and then use the above mentioned option

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member737583
Participant
0 Kudos

I used Altova XML for mapping. Few days later I realized that problem was version of Java. If this version was different than 1.4.??.12 button for mass mapping was greyed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You can go with XSLT....

follow these links,

Follow these links.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/01a57f0b-0501-0010-3ca9-d2ea3bb9...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9692eb84-0601-0010-5ca0-923b4fb8...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/006aa890-0201-0010-1eb1-afc5cbae...

Some scenarios

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/03/15/using-xslt-mapping-in-a-ccbpm-scenario

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

*************8Reward points,if found useful

former_member737583
Participant
0 Kudos

@Prateek Raj Sri...

This option is inactive for me

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once u select the source and target root nodes, it will be active

Regards,

Prateek

former_member737583
Participant
0 Kudos

I've marked source node and destination node and option is not available. Maybe reason of this is fact that in XML some field name are repeated on some levels. E.g. original XML files looks...

<rootNode>
  <vehicle>
    <vehid></vehid>
    <vedesc></vedesc>
  <vehicle>
  <users>
    <user>
      <userid></userid>
      <vehid></vehid>
    <user>
  </users>
</rootNode>

...and we have vehid tag on vehicle level and and use level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said this is simple 1:1 Mapping and the logic is also not so complex. Then I will recommend Message Mapping itself for better performance. Also I think writing code and Drag-Drop in Message Mapping will take same time (as per your Transformation Complexity).

In case of XSLT Mapping, in this case it is better to go for XML editor like Sylus Studio or Altova or etc. I found stylus studio more suitalbe:) Just pass your source XML and just drag and drop and it generates XSLT code.

Thanks

Farooq

former_member737583
Participant
0 Kudos

I used Altova MapForce for mapping.