cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating po

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a PO for stock item and it gives the below error,Pls advice.

G/L account 130000 cannot be used (please correct)

Message no. ME045

Diagnosis

Comparison of the field selection strings from the G/L account 130000

and the account assignment category Q reveals that there is an

incompatible combination of field selections for the field selection

group 'WBS element'.

The G/L account field selection is stored in table T004F; that for the

account assignment is stored in table T162K.

rocedure

Please enter a correct G/L account.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not change the field selection of the Account assignment..

Whenever you get error Like this you need to change the GL Fields Selection & make it Compatible to Account assignment..

GO to FS00 trxn & enter the GL Account and see the Field Status Group.

then Go to OBC4 trxn & Select "Field status variant " of your Comp Code..and click the Field Status Group on the left Side.

Then Double click the " Field Status Group " and check for the field "'Functional Area'" and make it optional & Save..

This Kind of error for other fields also may Occur continuously

till both the fields of Account assignment & GL account are compatible..

You keep on doing the process, until the error resolves..

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Go To Transaction FS00 , give the GL account for which u are getting the error &

company code - in the tab create/bank/interest check the field status group

2. Go to Tcode OBC4 and select the 'Field Status Variant' and click 'field status group' select the field status group form step 1 and doubleclick again doubleclick 'Additional account assignments' and make 'WBS field optional' ( you may also require to make the 'Network field optional too)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I tried the settings mentioned by you but i am getting same error messages,pls advice.

Muzamil

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode:KA02, enter 1300000 and let me know the cost element category there.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

The category is 90.

When i am trying to create any PO ,this cost element is coming automatically in my GL Section,pls advice.I cant create PO for WBS elements,it is working for Network activities.

Muzamil

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MM03 for this material get Valuation class note down this.

Go to OBYC, BSX, check the assignment of this 130000 against this valuation class.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

Valuation class is matching but still it gives error G/L account 130000 cannot be used (please correct)

Message no. ME045

Diagnosis

Comparison of the field selection strings from the G/L account 130000

and the account assignment category Q reveals that there is an

incompatible combination of field selections for the field selection

group 'Functional Area'.

The G/L account field selection is stored in table T004F; that for the

account assignment is stored in table T162K.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the same procedure of cross checking the field selection between G/L account field status group & Account assignment category.

You can observe from ur latest error that another field selection group 'Functional Area'. U repeat the same procedure to all the fields, system proposes one by one.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is occuring because of a conflict in the field status group of GL account and the account assignment category in purchasing ( this can be maintained using TCODE -OME9).

The account assignment category Q requires that a project should be assigned ( this is the default setting).

Please do the following

Go to TCODE - FS00 and input the GL accout 13000 .

Go to Bank/Interset tab and note the Field Status Group .Go to transaction code OBC4 and double click the Field status variant corresponding to your Company code and double click to open the Field Status Group from above and navigate to additional account assignment link and make WBS as a mandatory/optional field.

This should resolve the problem. Also make sure that your company code has a valid field status variant.

If this still does not solve problem ,, do let me know.

Ritesh Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check the field selection of Account assignment category 'Q' with G/L account field selection for the field 'Project/WBS Element'. Both should be same(Optional).

Path:

1) Account assignment category 'Q' - SPRO>MM>Purchasing>Account Assignment>Maintain Account Assignment Categories> Select 'Q' & check the field selection

2) G/L Account: Go to FS00 & check for your G/L account's field status group.

Now Go to transaction OBC4 & check the field selection of your Field status group for the field 'WBS Element'.

It shud solve ur prob..

Thanks

Kishore