Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SAP RFC or BAPI from .Net Application

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please tell me steps involved for calling SAP RFC from .Net Application.

Please give me the step by steps in detailed way.

REgards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay

What I do is the following

WHen the SAP ABAP programmer has informed me that the RFC BAPI is ready do these steps:

1 - in SAP us Se 37 to get the BAPI make sure it is RFC enabled.

2 - Genereate the web service from the Utilities Emun option

3 - check with se80 that the service definitiion is genereted

4 - use WSADMIN to look up the web service

5 - Get the URL then use the URL in .net as a direct Web service call or use the WCF scvutil to genereate proxy classes and the generated classes.

Jawahar

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing first, download and install the SAP® Explorer & Proxy Generator from this link :

http://www.softwise.com.ar/products.php

There you will also find the instructions in the PDF format, but I cand paste it here for the purpose of explanation.

1) Create or open a project that you want to use.

2) After creating or opening the project, you must select the add-in tool from Tools -> Add-in Manager

option.

3) Select the option u201CSoftwise SAP Explorer Tool Window Add-inu201D and click OK.

4) On the left side of the screen appears the Softwise SAP Explorer, click the right button on Application

Servers to connect with SAP

5) To obtain the list of RFCu2019s, right click on u201CFunctionsu201D and Add filter, type filter criteria (for example

Z_HR*, Human Resources RFCu2019s) and click OK (then the list of BAPIs appears directly)

6) To generate proxies, right click on RFC or BAPI items and click u201CGenerate Proxyu201D (just wait untill it is finished)

7) Finally you will see the proxy generated in your Solution Explorer and start using it your code.

Just tell me if you have trouble when doing any these steps.

(please reward points if usefull)