Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageExpiredException for Synchronous RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I m getting following Exception in synchronous RFC scenarion:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessageExpiredException: Message (INBOUND) expired

We have set xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default = 300000 ( 5 Minutes)

Actually Functions Module takes 5 to 10 seconds to executes when executed in R3.

But when we call it thr XI it is taking more that 5 minutes (as we r getting MessageExpiredException)

Any idea why it taking so much time from XI?

Thanks

Mahi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200267
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Integration Engine performance would be very slow.

There may be many threads created and running which makes Integration engine slow.

Goto RWB, under component monitoring click the Integration Engine, if it takes more time to show the status.

Then inform ur admin.

Reward if useful.

Regards,

RDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RDS,

Thanks.

I checked as u said.

But its not taking much time to show the status.

Is there any other way to see Performance of IE??

Thanks,

Mahi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I faced the same problem. I resolved it by increasing following timeout parameters in VIsual Admin.

clusterCommunicationTimeoutMsec in

Server --> Services --> SAP XI AF Core

Also syncMessageDeliveryTimeoutMsec in

Server --> Services --> SAP XI Adapter: RFC

Regards

Sami.

Reward points if helpful.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During a synchronous RFC call to the RfcAdapter (sender channel) the error message "call to messaging system failed: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessageExpiredException" comes up. For receiver channels a similar error messages is shown.

A: At the beginning of a synchronous RFC call the RfcAdapter (sender channel) builds up the XI request-message and will send this to the Adapter Engine with a timeout. After this it will wait till the response-message reaches or the timeout expires. In case of timeout the exception named above is thrown. The timeout used by RfcAdapter for synchronous calls can be configured for the whole RfcAdapter as a property of the RfcAdapter J2EE Service. To change it's value open the service properties sheet like described in Q3 and change the value of "syncMessageDeliveryTimeoutMsec". Notice that this value is specified in milliseconds. After changing the property store the properties by clicking the save-button (disk symbol) on top of the page.

If a similar error messages is shown for a receiver channel the timeout setting is done in the inbound XI-Adapter of the Adapter Engine and not via the above described setting in the RFC-Adapter. The value of xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default from J2EE Service 'SAP XI Adapter: XI' is used in this case. Note 791379 will explain this in detail.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswari,

Actually this is synchronous communication, It can except the response from the receiver with in the time.If response is not getting with in the time proper these type messages are occured.

As per as my knowledge, these type of erros are occured because of R/3 server is very slow or down time .

Regards,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

Thank You.

But its happening every day thr XI

& At the same time its executing successfully in R3 within 5 to 10 seconds.

Thanks,

Mahi