Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic packaging with cover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

would you be so kind and answer my question:

-I would like to make packaging of materials into boxes(f.e. 6) makes packaging instruction 1),

-boxes(packaging instruction 1) on the pallet makes packaging instruction 2)

-and I have a cover of the box as a separate material which I put on the (6) boxes which makes packaging instruction 3 AND NO sense because man cannot pack palet into cover or opposite.

So I have:

boxes with material on one pallet and it is cover by one cover.

How to make aut. pakaging and additionaly the EDI DESADV should be correct

Many thanks for help in advance yet!!!!!!!

Regards

Marceli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The automatic packing proposal provides you with the option of proposing shipping units for the items to be packed. The proposal covers both the shipping material as well as the contents for each shipping unit.

To configure the automatic packing in shiping , please go through following Link

[Automatic Packing in Shipping |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/ac/f6fe7b931a11d184d10000e81ddea0/content.htm]

The definition of the packing proposal covers several user exits. You can process the user exits using the transaction Project Management of SAP Exits. This is an SAP user exit with the name PACKMODI.

Regards...

imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for answer.

The question I have in the multi level packaging is how to understand the "cover" of the box in the packaging. The packaging have item category in the pack. inst. and I do not know what to select:

I have selected:

P for pallet(set as load carrier-one has to be set for P type)

P for cover

I packaging instruction which is packed into pallets

But edi is wrong and the cover do not have identification line in the delivery after packaging.

Haw to correct/improve that?

Regards

Marceli