cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to attach documents to service order item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

can anybody of you tell me how I can configure my system in such a way that I can attach a document in transaction IW32/IW31 to an operation of the order?

Currently I can attach a document to the service order sm01 with

System>Services for object>Create Attachement.

But then the document is not related to any operation of the order.

Thanks in advance for your help and regards,

Rolf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Meylene,

thanks for your hint. I think this is a good Idea. But if I have a ressource - where can I assign it to my operation?

And can I add the ressource in a maintenance plan also to the planned operations?

Thanks in advance,

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Meylene,

>

> thanks for your hint. I think this is a good Idea. But if I have a ressource - where can I assign it to my operation?

> And can I add the ressource in a maintenance plan also to the planned operations?

>

> Thanks in advance,

> Rolf

assigning it is easy -once you went through the setup process- there's a little icon in your service order (tabstrip 'operations') with a hammer and another tool in it - bottom right corner.

i'm sorry i know next to nothing about maintenance plans but are they not created using general task lists?. then we would be back to my suggestion from earlier to attach them there. but i'm pretty sure you will find all the documentation on help.sap.com. it'll be worth your time, just you try it.

i forgot a little piece of information in my last post: GOS is a tool that connects your backend (R/3 or whatever) to your frontend in some ways ... that's why you don't get it on item-level. if you are using production ressources it's a 'backend-only' feature. you see, you can use GOS to display the IDOC that created your service order but since an IDOC creates the complete order ... you have another viewpoint of hierachy with GOS ... and while we're at it: GOS is not available for users of type 'service'. check in SU01 for that setting. browse the SDN security forum - we discussed GOS more often lately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what you are using currently is called GOS = Generic Object Services. This works only on the level of the transaction -> in your case on the level of the header of every service order.

if you want to attach documents to operations of said service order you might consider setting up the usage of 'production ressources/tools) - which can be documents. if you are filling your service orders using 'General Task Lists' you could attach these production ressources to the operations of said list enabling an easier copying of those to the orders.

this procedure is described in help.sap.com.