cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete workspace folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I experiencing problem while I'm trying to delete workspace folder. I use the method described in SAP note 855537.

While I select delete from context menu, server response with "Unable to delete", but I can for example rename it.

I can create that folder with same user.

It maybe problems with permissions, I login as Administrator which has JDI.Administrator role (I setup it as in JDI post install manual).

Another problem is when I'm trying to remove just created workspace (also with Administrator user), the command

"deleteworkspace -w //test/dev" response with

Could not delete workspaceConflict [(pre||post)-condition failed: x:cannot-delet

e-wsp-repository-name-not-set]

Thanks, for any help

Best regards,

Miroslav Koskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miroslav,

you can try to set the repository name under

http://<host>:<port>/dtr/system-tools/administration/RepositoryConfig

This may help?

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

the URL, you suggested is not working. I only have access to

http://<host>:<port>/dtr/ where I see listing of content in dtr.

When I open the above URL in mozilla, nothing happens.

When I open it in IE the "Page not found error" occurs.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miroslav,

try this then:

http://<host>:<port>/dtr/sysconfig/support/RepositoryConfig

You mentioned that you have admin rights. Is this really true?

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you browse to that path from the /dtr url?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

I browse that page, and there's a inputbox where I can input the display name for repository. What should I input there?

Yes, I think I have administrators rights, My "administrator" user has JDI.Administrator role which has CBS.Administrator and CMS.Administrate actions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Yes I can browse that path. But I cant to delete those workspace folders and workspaces too.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miroslav,

Fill in whatever you want. It´s just a name for that DTR. In the error message the missing name was mentioned. So my thought was just to fill it. Maybe this helps.

CBS.Administrator and CMS.Administrate don´t have any effect to the DTR. You can define authorizations for DTR via DTR admin plug-in in NWDS.

Did you already do that or is your DTR totally "insecure"?

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

I name my repository and now I'm able to delete my workspaces. I'm new to JDI and I don't make any security ACLs to DTR (I think that it's not so important to me now)

So I have an default ACLs set on DTR. I'm wondering why I can't brose to dtr/system-tools/...

but I think now I have an answer. As I read in some note my SP9 of JDI do not support deletion of workspace folder (I just installed it, so I must to upgrade to SP14). Maybe also that can be the reason why I cannot browse to dtr/system-tools/...

Can you give me some hints when I want to upgrade JDI to SP14 ? It is only needed to deploy new SCA by SDM to server ?

Thank for help.

Regards,

Miroslav Koskar

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miroslav,

upgrading to SP14 is more than just installing new SCA files via SDM.

You have to download the the upgrade files from service marketplace, unpack them and then start sapinst.exe.

But you should first read the upgrade guide you can donwload from SMP too.

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

I have downloaded the 3 packages for JDI SP14. There is no SAPint, their are SCAs so they are designed for deploying through SDM. So I deploy it and so update the SP9. As a result It seems everything is fine, I can now delete workspace folders and also have /dtr/system-tools/... stuff

Thank a lot for all help.

Bext regards,

Miroslav Koskar

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miroslav,

you have now updated your NWDI to SP14. But the underlying Web AS is still SP9.

This is an inconsistence that may lead to errors in the future.

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

I have updated my Web AS to SP14 as a prerequisite, and then I post the question about JDI SP14, cause I was no sure that if prior to deploy JDI SCAs I need to undeploy previous SP9. But I tried to normally update it and it seems that everything is OK. I have now all in SP14.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Miroslav