cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Bucket Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have just started off with APO and need your help for the following clarification. This is whilst creating Planning Area for DP

Whilst creating a TIME STREAM (Planning Calendar) for DP I have input YEARS OF PAST : 03 & YEARS OF FUTURE : 03

Based on today's date, i.e. 29-May-2008, I assume TIME STREAM for above will be created for a period say 30-May-2005 to 29-May-2011.

Now whilst creating the STORAGE BUCKET PROFILE (TR32) I have been informed to input

HORIZON : 01-Jan-2005

END DATE : 01-Jan-2015

To my knowledge, TR32 should not have a HORIZON & END DATE greater than the TIME STEAM. Hence proper input would be

HORIZON : 01-June-2005

END DATE : 28-May-2011

Please advise if my understanding is correct else please guide how to go about for inputting proper dates in TR32.

Best Regards,

Samsuddin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Samsuddin,

Your storage bucket prof can have more horizon than your time stream id horizon..

kindly check your time stream calculation periods if you are unable to cerate like above..

generally we create SB profiles with more horizons as it is not possible to chage once we create...

let me know what problem , are you facing?

regards

umamahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uma,

I am new to APO and needed this clarification before proceeding ahead.

Thanks for your response.

Best Regards,

Samsuddin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TR32 or the storage bucket profile should ieally have a wider time range. Infact DP time stream is not a mandatory field, unless you want to control the working days in terms of when a location receives a forecast. It is the initialization range that is crucial and effective for data storage. The initialization range overrides the time range defined in TR32 or the storage bucket profile when you run planning area initialization. so storage bucket profile is incidental.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.