cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequencing messages in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirment where i have to send messages sequntially to target.From source i would be receiving 5(say s1,s2,s3,s4,s5) messages.These messages have to be sequntialy sent to target 1,2,3,4,5 in order.

At one instance i would receive only 1 message.Say 1st i received s2 then i shouldnt send it to target,i should wait for s1 to occur.Next instance s1 occured i should send s1 first then s2.This should be my order.

Irrespetive of what source and target systems are i would like to know how this kind of sequencing could be implimented in BPM.

I have implimented "BpmPatternSerializeMultipleTrigger" from BASIS but its not sequncing.

Its erroring in BPM send step.When s2 is occuring,its not waiting for s1 to occur.Even when next instance is s1.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can use EOIO, but as processing with BPM uses the same queue. You need to control this sequence on sender side.

These messages are using the same BPE queue,

please apply note 1040354 BPE-TS: Unprocessed messages. Pay

particular attention also to the guidelines regarding buffering.

thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on May 29, 2008 10:59 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop

I can't go for sequencing at source system.That is the reason why we are opting for BPM.

As Arvind mentioned i would also be intractign with two systems through a webservice.

I'm tryign usign a switch condition adn flag as container.Am not sure it is optimised solution as it would have 5 branches for my BPM.

Thanks

Lookign for more suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Swaroop, EOIO is alredy being used.My scenario is Webservice to SAP.I use EOIO and queue name in my SOAP adapter.The frequency of this interface is for 1 day so i need to check all the messages picked from the queue and send them sequencially as the SAP requires.

Prateek: I went for BpmPatternSerializeMultipleTrigger as i have more than 2 receiver (exactly 5) and need to send all 5 sequentially.

Can you suggest me more on this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem with this kind of scenario is all these files will be under single queue.

So sequencing on sender side is must.

I had same problem few months back, but in my case I have to send two IDOCs of different type in sequence one by one..I tried to add the wait step before receiver step and manipulate the sequencing time for it. But it will fail as once the message will enter into the BPM queue, it will not be possible to change the sequence of it. Even after adding the Wait step, the entry will be as per the sequence only. So I will suggest you the similar solution that I had appiled to handle the sequence in Sender system only

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

what happens when sender system is more than 1

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have more than 2 receiver (exactly 5) and need to send all 5 sequentially.

True. But in ur scenario, u want only one message to trigger the BPM instance and therefore usage of BpmPatternSerializeOneTrigger will solve ur purpose.

See this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/77/0737133012b24b9d0a12c6df2b1054/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ur case, u want to start sending the msg only when u have S1 msg. Therefore u should use BpmPatternSerializeOneTrigger instead of BpmPatternSerializeMultipleTrigger

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

just use EOIO QoS in sender adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/2d6189f0e27a4894ad517961762db7/content.htm

***********Reward points,if found useful