Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem about HANDLEDEFAULT

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am a newcomer of webdynpro for abap.

I encounter a problem when i use HANDLEDEFAULT method in default window to get parameter outside WD component.

Because the HANDLEDEFAULT runs after WDDOINIT of component, view, i can't use the parameter in HANDLEDEFAULT when i initialize the component controller. Is there any way to make the HANDLEDEFAULT method run before the WDDOINIT of component controller?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't think this will be possible since you are talking about standard (hook) methods, which will always be processed in a particular order.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wonder the correct way that how to use params received in WINDOW controller. If you get a param outside WD component. How can I use it in the views' initialization? Because the initialization of views are running before the HANDLEDEFAULT of WINDOW.

I figure out a way that I put the codes in the init() of the views into the method WDDOMODIFYVIEW() with a FIRST_TIME param, since this method is running after the HANDLEDEFAULT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of passing the parameter in HANDLEDEFAULT, if you want to use it in the INIT method, define the parameter as an attribute of an interface node. You will not be able to access this interface node in the other component.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Wenonah