cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting data into 2 folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have done a scenario in which i have taken DEBMDM IDOC from sender R/3 system and posted the XML file into MDM.

Now i have to the next version of thw same scenario in which i have to add one more R/3 system, i.e i have to take IDOCs from these 2 systems(not required to merge the IDOCs, just have to post them one after another). In addition to this, i have to post each IDOC into 2 different folders in MDM system(i.e have to take one IDOC from 1st R/3 system, post it into 2 folders in MDM, take another IDOC from the 2nd R/3 system and post it in 2 differnt folders in MDM).

Can anyone pls tell me how to go about it?

I will need to create 4 communication channels i suppose but what about the Receiver Agreements?

Thanks in advance

Swati.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I will need to create 4 communication channels i suppose but what about the Receiver Agreements?

4 receiver agreements will be required .

rgds

Arun

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are receiving the each Idoc from 2 Different SAP R/3 Servers, its better to have Two Separate Scenarios & Update the same in the Traget Folders

In First Scenario

1) No need to create Any DT, MT, MI for Idoc side

2) Create DT, MT & 2 MI's

3) Create 1 MM & 2 IM ( One source---1 target, same source -

another target2)

In ID

1) No need to create Sender cjannel & Agreements

2) Create 2 Receiver CC's by mentioning the 2 Folder Locations

3) Create 1 Receiver Det

4) Create 1 Interface Det & inside have one more interface

5) Create 2 Receiver Det & mention the 2 correspomding Receiver CC's

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think u have to create 4 different communication channels.

If ur placing file oin two different folders for both the IDOC then u need to create only two communication channels and two receiver agreements.

for each receiver u will get data from two IDOC's.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swati,

Two 'Receiver Determinations' between SAP and MDM would be sufficient,

R/3 (1) to MDM

R/3 (2) to MDM

but you would need to create additional Interface, and Receiver Agreements for the additional folders.

4 Comm. Channels in total.

Sender

R/3 System 1

R/3 System 2

Receiver

MDM for folder 1

MDM for folder2

Hope that helps!

Glenn

Edited by: Glenn Bumanlag on May 29, 2008 2:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create 4 Receiver Aggrements also

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how do i create more than one Receiver Determination for the same service, same interface and differnt communication Channel.When i try to create one more RA , it says object already exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better create different name for services (for each receiver).

So that you can route the message easily.

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 'Receiver Determination' is System specific so two will be sufficient since you will have your MDM comm. channels under one business system.

R/3 (1) to MDM

R/3 (2) to MDM

Just add an additional inbound interface in your 'receiver determination' objects which points to the second receiver agreement (the one that points to the second MDM folder)

Warm regards,

Glenn