cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to cancel non-WM-picking?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1. SO created (VA01)

2. Delivery doc created (VL01N)

3. Picking (w/o WM) has been done (I simply wroite the picking qty in the suitable field in VL02N)

4. PGI done

5. VL09 done

So, you can see that I created a SO, then Delivery, PGI was also done. Now, I would like to cancel the whole process till Delivery doc creation - I do not want to delete the delivery doc.

I was able to do VL09 but I don't know whether it is possible to cancel the picking. I can delete the picking qty from Delivery doc but sorrowfully the picking status remains the same.

My question is what is the exact process to cancel picking? WM isn't involved.

Thanks,

Csaba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Please go to VL02N transaction enter the PGI reversed delivery then go in to that here you go to picking tab then remove the picking qty from the delivery then save the delivery document.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for your reply.

I did the same but as I wrote the 'Picking/putaway status' (status tab in VL02N) shows 'C' despite the deleted picking qty.

Why this field doesn't want to refresh? Shall I do something additionally? Does it work it this way only in my case or is it 'normal'?

Thanks,

Csaba

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Csaba. It seems u have 2 questions.

1st, u want to cancel picking w/o delivery deletion. I have explained & recommended in my previous msg.

2nd, u have doubt about Picking/putaway status. This status should be changed to "A" if u leave the picking qty blank. Meanwhile, could u see the "storage location" field is re-open to change? If not, pls check yr settings.

In one word, Picking/putaway status can refresh.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your care and answer.

Before typing the picked qty in 'picking qty' field and pushing enter both 'Picking status' and 'Picking / putaway confirmation' fields were 'A'.

After having entered the picked qty both fields became 'C'.

If I delete the picked qty the 'Picking status' becomes 'A' again but 'Picking / putaway confirmation' field remains 'C'.

I would expect that after cancelling the picking (w/o WM) both status field should regain their original state ('A'). Why doesn't the second field want to get its original state? What is the reason?

Though we are speaking about two different fields I think both issues belong to the same topic: cancellation of picking.

So, I'd just understand how this thing works and I'd like to handle this SAP function properly. I wouldn't like to eliminate picking confirmation.

Problem still exist (to me).

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on May 30, 2008 8:30 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Csaba.

I don't think picking can be cancelled w/o delivery deletion. U know, w/o WM, picking is actually done in delivery. Once delivery is created, picking appears as a figure only in doc flow. No access to picking.

According to yr requirement, to suppress picking in document flow may be the best solution. In that case, picking does not appear in document flow when creating, changing or deleting delivery.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

Thanks for your answer! My experience is same as yours and I haven't found anything in connection with this in SAP help.

Dear All,

I'd like to ask one more person to confirm the above mentioned things.

Thanks,

Csaba