Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to filter the Master Column

PKT
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to filter a master column in my wd table. I am not finding an option to get the filter text in VewController. Master column of the filter row is not enabled to enter filter text. Can some one suggest me how can I proceed to make filter enabled for master column?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using table UI element, you have to do some bit of coding to get the filter row.

1. Define a context node with cardinality 1..1. This node should have the attribute(s) for which a filter is required, and the attribute should be that same data type as that of the column attribute.

2. In the layout tab, for the specific table column for which filter is needed, bind the 'filterValue' property to the corresponding attribute created in step 1.

3. Define and implement an event handler for the 'onFilter' event of the table. This event handler should programatically filter the table.

Now, in the layout itself you should see the 'Filter row' for the table.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Wenonah

PKT
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wenonah,

Thank you for the reply. But my question was, I need to filter a master column. What ever u said is perfect and I could also do it for a simple table column. But if I have a master column, then there is no option to set a filter text. I know that, we should explicitely code for getting filter text, but I am not sure how I can achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Sorry.. I mistook your question.. I overlooked the fact that it was a master column.

I don't think there is an option to add a filter row for the master column. As you said.. it doesn't have that property. I also checked the class CL_WD_ABSTR_MASTER_TABLE_COL. It doesn't have any method for specifying the filter.

What you could possibly do is, create a separate 'Filter' button, attach it to the toolbar for the table, have provision to enter the filter value for the column of the Master table, and then filter it. It is not a clean solution, but looks like there is no other option.

Regards

Wenonah