cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure Cumulative Values with Condition Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need the functionality of limiting the cumulative value of discounts given for, say, customer for a particular item. (ex. we give a 5% discount for customer ABC for material 123 sales orders; but if the cumulative discount amount for the sales order for this customer and item exceed 1000 USD, the discount will not be given anymore).

I've read that this is possible in SAP. Here are the steps that I have done to effect this:

1) go to customizing and under 'Maintain Condition Types', checked the box for 'Condition Update' under the particular discount condition type.

2) using VK11, I created a condition type for this key combination, put 1000 USD under the 'Max. Condition Value' (Additional Data).

I've tried creating Sales Orders and even if the cumulative discount amount for these orders exceed 1000USD, the discount is still given. (FYI, the cumulative amount when viewed for the condition type via Extras->Cum. Values is updated)

What are the other things that I have to set-up to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric, did you even get a solution to this situation? I have exactly the same thing happening in 4.6C. I see some notes but applying them did not solve the problem for me. Thanks Laurie

Sunil76
Participant
0 Kudos

Check Condition exclusion

or go for an exit

regards

sunil

Sunil76
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Have you tried scales??

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I've tried it. But the scales apply to values within the sales order you are processing right? In our case we want to track the cumulative values of the many sales orders and limit the discount to a desired cumulative value.

Unless, I'm doing something wrong with the scales..

Regards,

Eric