cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple base unit of measure/sales unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My project is of service industry where timesheet booked in Man Months.Now the requirement is alongwith manmonth client want to use Hour as a base unit of measure.But when time is booked in hour in a wbs element.While sales order processing it got change into Manmonth.So is it possible to use multiple salesunit or base unit of measure where unit is picked according to the unit use in booking time.

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

You can't maintain multiple base unit or sales unit.

But u can maintain different base or sales units in Material master with the combination of sales orgnization and distribution channel.

Reward if it helpful.

Regards

Sasikanth.Ch

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For each material you can maintain only one Base unit of measure (lowest possible unit as per the convenience to manage the stocks) and you can maintain different sales unit of measure (alternative UOMs).

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i do the billing for the same material as per the alternative sales unit?

I m in service industry project.We have a service material whose base unit of measure is MMI(Manmonth) which is used in two contract Value based and quantity based contract.Now the requirement is for quantity based contract the Unit of measure should be HR(Hour) and for Value based Unitof measure is MMI (Manmonth) for the same material.

How should go about it?

Currently if i maintain the alternative unit of measure the system converts its into base unit of meausre but we want to do billing with different unit of measure for the same material(service).

Hepl required

Regards,

Satya