cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write on RFID Tags

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very New on RFID Topics.Now I have some Requests about RFID Tags.We have a PDA, which can write or read Tags.First Step is to develop an BSP application to show

all the General Informations about Materials.The PDA user

gives the Material Number into one Input Field on his PDA

and Submit this Request. On the Next Page all the Generall Infos will be shown. And we want to write this Infos on RFID Tags. How can we do this? What will be the next Steps? Who can help me? Thank You for your Answers.

with Best Regards

Beserithan Malabakan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Beserithan,

first of all i think its better to use mobile WebDynpro for the development of the mobile online application instead of BSP.As far as i know you have some features for Barcode and RFID inside Mobile-WD(but i still haven't tested it). I tested a WLAN-online PDA solution with BSP.There you have the problem that the PDA browser only partially support BSP. You can use it,but you can't use the htmlb,phtmlb or xhtmlb Extensions of BSP. PDA Browsers didn't support it. The only solutions for reading and writing RFID tags from mobile devices i know is the Mobile Infrastructure Solution MAM. For that and the implementation of the required RFID mobile software please check this thread:

I will also try to use RFID and mobile Devices in the next month. I will try the way by developing MI-Applications and forcing a syncronization with backend in my MI Application if nescessary. With MI 2.5 SP14 the MI client has an periphal driver support for RFID. But executing peripheral actions is a non-trivial task, since device drivers are platform-dependant and mobile applications are based on Java, which itself is platform-independent. So the java application does not know on which operating system it runs and therefore cannot know how to establish a connection to the driver. In addition to that, there are many different devices out in the market, having diverse specifics Mobile applications. For the MI PDa client SAP support mobile RFID readers from Symbol(MC9060-G) Intermec(IP3) and Socket Communication(CF RFID Reader for Pocket PC). See http://service.sap.com/Nw-mi ->MI in Detail->Periphal Support.

Hope this helps a little bit and please let me know if you found a way by using RFID and BSP on mobile devices.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the link for RFID documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldn't see any Link in your Reply!

with my Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beserithan,

You go to service.sap.com and search for RFID Slap & Ship Outbound Processing under the Documents Tab. Here you will get a couple of documents. But for this you need a OSS ID.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Joseph Reddy