cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

safety stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai gurus

In availabilty check i want safety stock to be included.The configuration part iam clear but what actually safety stock means?

Please explain me safety stock.

I suppose saftey stock will include reservation of the material also

With Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saju Som

Safety Stock or Buffer Stock exists to counter uncertainties in supply or demand. For example, a supplier may deliver their product late, the warehouse may be on strike or a number of items may be of poor quality. In addition, a competitor may be sold out on a product, increasing demand. Safety stocks enable organizations to satisfy customer demand in the event of these possibilities.

In short, a minimal level of inventory that a company seeks to have on hand at all times is called safety stock.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the reply has maintained in the configuration and master data has been maintained how much should be the Safety stock in MM02 at MRP level

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Safety Stock: Quantity of stock held to satisfy unexpectedly high requirements in the stocking-up period.

The purpose of the safety stock is to prevent a material shortage from occurring. In order to determine the safety stock level, you must first specify the risk of a material shortage and also the desired service level.

Usually the safety stock will not be used in production.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lakshmi pathi,

will safety stock include reservation also.reservation is another concept

with regards