cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution- prerequisite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain validation: I created as a prerequisite a program (user exit) (ZGGBR000),lets call it U399 that validates that the status of the system is I0002 (REL). Given this condition the system checks another user exit and in case the validation is wrong- an error message appears. It works fine.

Now, I wanted to use the same logic to create a substitution at callup point WBS element. I even found the same exit U399 from the validation in exits and determined it as prerequisite. Afterwards I created the substitutions. And it does not work: the system neither reads the prerequisite nor the substitutions while fixing the REL status and saving a project. Here my doubt: the prerequisite, I am using in substitution, comes from the validation part (ZGGBR000). Could that be the problem? Or how can I create the same condition for the prerequisite in substitution, so that it will be shown under the tab exit as well?

Thank you for your help and let me now if you need more detailed information or if my description is a bit confusing.

Regards,

Maike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would suggest you to refer note 440186 and particular attention to point 14.

The note suggests that exits of validation and substitution are based in diferrent application areas (check table T80D) and this could be reason.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maike,

Please check, In case of Substitutions user exits need to be defined in Form pool ZGGBS000 and as you have already defined for Validations it is ZGGBR000.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Vinayak.