cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problm exposing a BAPI as a web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to expose BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA as a web service. At one step, the wizard requires me to define a package to use. If I use Z_MYTEST, a package that I had created some time ago, I get an error that SAP object WEBI VIBAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA cannot be assigned to package Z_MYTEST. When help is clicked, I get the following message:

Object WEBI VIBAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA is in the name range reserved for SAP. The object cannot be assigned to package Z_MYTEST, since it belongs to a different name range or namespace.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

Package is very fine i guess, just check for the ICM roles to the user, system will not allow if these roles are not assigned.

Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Peter,

Please change the service defination name WEBI VIBAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA to start with Z

ie.. ZWEBI VIBAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Thank you for your help. Adding a Z for the VI as well as the WS does help. However, the step of adding them to the package still fails with an error "Cannot extend package Z_TEST" wirh an error code PAK134.

Is there something that needs to be done to the package as well?

Regards,

Peter

gaurav_modgil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I think the following document will answer most of your doubts,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/244e7923-0a01-0010-5887-fe0b0c6d...

Hope it Helps you,

Cheers,

Gaurav