Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict WBS Element Type During Element Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have our Finance dept who is wanting to create a role that will restrict the users to creating ONLY a Statistical WBS Element, and no other type of WBS element. I have looked through the auth objects associated with CJ30, CJ20N, CJ01 and CJ11, but do not see any auth objects that restrict the type of WBS element that can be created.

Does anyone have an idea if this can even be done? Is this intended functionality?

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I have our Finance dept who is wanting to create a role that will restrict the users to creating ONLY a Statistical WBS Element, and no other type of WBS element. I have looked through the auth objects associated with CJ30, CJ20N, CJ01 and CJ11, but do not see any auth objects that restrict the type of WBS element that can be created.

>

> Does anyone have an idea if this can even be done? Is this intended functionality?

i had a look-around CJ30 (not the other ones). i'm not familiar with this module but obviously the 'philosophy' behind WBS elements does not cover their 'type'. i don't think you can do this without using an enhancement. i had to run from work today to keep up for another appointment so i was not able to search for an enhancement that might do the trick. maybe you can do that with an abaper on your site?