cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print jobs goes to HOLD mode in IBM system i when printing from SAP NW 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Whenever I send the jobs from SAP environment(NW 7.0) to the IBM printers on the network. The jobs acts like it's going to print but then goes to HOLD mode.

I have changing the FORMS TYPE but that didn't help nor trying to releasing them again.

We are running SAP NW 7.0 in IBM system i V5R4 and using

IBM infoprt1580 printers.

HELP ! Any tips are well apprieciated !

Thanks.

F. Y.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Did you look at the QSYSOPR message queue and the writer joblog to find out what message is causing the spooled file to go into hold? Did you check the active writer job with WRKWTR, F17, and then option 2 to verify that the option "Inquiry message reply" is set to *SYSRPYL?

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I've fixed the problem by installing IBMSCS printer device type in SAP. SCS data stream type is not the latest technology but its supported by SAP. Changing it to that allowed me to print a job from SAP to IBM printers without

getting spool jobs to go on to HOLD mode.

Thanks for all your help though.

Sincerely

F.Yi

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

assuming that the spooled file goes into "hold" in the output queue on i5/OS (not in the SAP spooling system), I would suggest that you check the settings in the reply list and spool job for message CPA3394 "Load form type '...' device ... writer ... .". When this message is sent, the default reply is 'H' (= hold), but you probably want to reply 'I' (= ignore). You can use the command ADDRPYLE (or WRKRPYLE) to add an automatic reply of 'I' to this message. Make sure that job description QGPL/QSPLPRTW is set to INQMSGRPY(*SYSRPYL).

If this does not help, another message than CPA3394 might cause the problem. You need to check the QSYSOPR message queue and the joblog of the writer job to find out which message is causing the hold status.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

provide you printer information.

SPAD -> select your device

now form DeviceAttribute tab -> device type

from access method tab -> host spool access method and host printer.

in general you can check Note 504952 - Composite note regarding spooling and printing

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your reply but I've already tried your suggestions

and it has not worked.