SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

choose differents views in piqaudit BSP - self service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

In piqaudit BSP. How can I do for choosing expert view and student view in differents menues?. My versión is 6.0

Thanks.

LAT

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you go to the URL:

https://host-name:HTTPS-port-number/sap/bc/bsp/sap/piq_audit

you should be given a menu to choose from. (Replace host-name and HTTPS-port-number with appropriate information.)

If you want to get to a specific view without going through the menu, you can supply the "VIEW" and "AUDITTYPE" parameters as part of the URL for a page in the application, and that will take you into a specific view. For example, "?VIEW=EV01&AUDITTYPE=1000" will take you directly into Degree Audit with an Expert View, bypassing the choice menu.

Eric

0 Kudos

Hi. Eric.

In your example, "?VIEW=EV01&AUDITTYPE=1000" you show me that the the parameters are VIEW and AUDITTYPE. So but the login in the BSP is the same way for a teacher and the student. Now how can I know the different for teacher and student?. if are you right and I know the current person in the login then I can call the view = EV01 or EV02, is it all right?.

Thanks.

Luis. A

0 Kudos

Luis,

I think I now understand what you are asking. the answer to your question could be considered to have three parts:

(1) The security aspect of the PIQ_AUDIT application is not actually handled through views. There are several authorization objects that handle this, and those need to be considered in your users' SAP security profiles: P_CM_AUDPR and P_CM_AUDIT. These actually restrict the activities that an user can do in PIQ_AUDIT.

(2) Views restrict what functionality is provided. You can assign the functionality with IMG activity: Campus Management -> Campus Management Processes -> Audits -> Adjustment of User Interfaces -> Set Up Views of BSP Applications.

(3) Probably everyone has a different way to differentiate which views to use depending on type of user. I think the scenarios might differ some depending on whether people are using SAP EP with iViews, whether single sign-on (SSO) is in use, and whether students actually have accounts in the SAP system. At my institution, we are using a Microsoft SharePoint portal as our front-end portal. We are not doing any SSO into our SAP system. So, the SharePoint portal is where we must differentiate user types, and provide access to the PIQ_AUDIT application in two different ways, one for students and one for staff.

Hopefully this will help,

Eric

Edited by: Eric McDonald on May 29, 2008 3:39 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I have some security issue in slcm from portal side.

could u help me in this.

in the student time table , finnaly after a long strugle , i can able to show the timetable for a student as he had in ecc.

it works fne with mozilla firefox

but whn i use internet explorer 6 SP3, i cant see that screen , which i see in Mozilla

when i open the link in IE6 , its taking some repeated logins in the back end.

when i use the user looged in from backend, there r many logins from the id which i tested.

finnaly even i cant get the desired screen.

i face this issue with internet explorer only.

Is this might be the security problem or the application problem?

could me help me in this issue

Bye

Sandeep