cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i change the creation of tables from the default database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I have created a data base in MaxDB. I have also created the new datasource for my application.

Now, when i create Entity bean and for that the dictionary; new tables are creating in the default database. I want to create the tables in new database not in the default database.

I have created the datasource.

The data-source-aliases.xml file shows the data source as "<data-source-name>${com.sap.datasource.default}</data-source-name>".

My datasource name is DataSourceTesting. Is it because of this?, if yes; then how can i select my datasource?

How can i change the creation of the table from dictionary to the newly created database?

Kindly help

Sudheesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Opgenorth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sudheesh,

tables defines by the data dictionary can only be created in the default database.

The datasource alias is only needed for giving you datasource a second name.

For using CMP Entity Beans, you have to specify the name of your datasource in the file persistent.xml.

Nevertheless your work for creating a dictionary project was not completely in vain. From the context menu of the database tables you can generate SQL scripts that allow you to create the tables form SQL Studio.

Best regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir,

But As i said before, I am migrating an application which is currently deployed in JBOSS.4.0.2. and the databse is MySQL.

With reference to our discussion in the last mails, I was able to install the DB Manager and created the database with the tables.

are any options available to set the created DB as the default DB?

Can we assign persistance field mapping to already crated table without creating a new table from the dictionary? I have been trying it for the last two days; but no favaourable results got yet.

If it is not possible, I have to map each fields of each and every entity beans to the created table in the dictionary. right?

Kindly help,

Sudheesh