Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Company Address Street Length Adjustment

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to change the lenght allowed in the fields in SUCOMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bernhard,

I keep getting cut off at 35 characters. I found a note (826903) that says this problem is fixed with SP7, however, I am currently at SPS12. I am applying SPS13 today so I will see if that solves the problem.

4 REPLIES 4

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

STREET has length 60->data element AD_STREET

The field in SUCOMP for street is scrollable to be able to maintain 60 characters.

I think to modify the length to more then 60 characters will lead to heavy problems ....

b.rgds, Bernhard

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bernhard,

I keep getting cut off at 35 characters. I found a note (826903) that says this problem is fixed with SP7, however, I am currently at SPS12. I am applying SPS13 today so I will see if that solves the problem.

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

when saving a longer street name (than 40), I get the message AM228. Long text explains a bit more:

Diagnosis

The address data maintained in field STREET occupies 40 of 60 characters The last 25 characters of the field STREET can be used only with restrictions.

System Response

In this form the data can be saved and used up to the complete length of 60 characters.

In some scenarios, the system only uses the first 35 characters of name fields, of the fields 'Street', 'City', 'District', as well as the first 10 characters of the field 'Search Term 1'.

These cases are:

ALE: the address data can only be transferred with 35 characters (search term 1 only 10 characters) in the case of some ALE message types (IDOC types) for reasons of compatibility with other releases and components. The message types in question are:

DEBMAS

CREMAS

DEBCOR

CRECOR

The problems do not occur if the relevant address data in IDOC ADRMAS is sent in each case, together with these message types.

EDI: the address data can only be transferred with 35 characters (search term 1 only 10 characters) with the standard UN/EDIFACT for reasons of compatibility.

Print: addresses are formatted with only 35 characters in some print forms for standard envelope windows. If the address number is in the address output structures, you can output the address fields in full length in forms. (See OSS note 145753 for FI forms.)

Procedure

If you do not want the address data to be truncated in these scenarios, only use the first 35 characters of the name fields, of the fields "Street", "City", "District" or the first 10 characters of the field "Search Term 1" during maintenance, or abbreviate the texts, if necessary.

Effects on Customizing

You can define when this system message is to be issued in accordance with your requirements.

You do this in Customizing as follows: Controlling -> Controlling: General -> Change Message Control.

The application area and message number can be taken from the technical documentation.

confirming the message saves the long name anyway...

b.rgds, Bernhard

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bernhard,

We have found a work around by just modifying the address. Thanks.

Jon