cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF is not dynamic in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I designed a pdf form in standalone adobe designer 7.1. I saved the file as DYNAMIC pdf. When I test the form standolne the form works.

I have a WDJ with a view, which contains an Interactive Form element. I linked the dynamic pdf to the designer by importing the file in the designer.

But when the WDJ runs and shows the PDF in the browser, the PDF is static and NOT dynamic. What is the reason for this?

The PDF should be dynamic, because I have buttons on it and they do not respond anymore.

Anyhelp will be rewarded.

Kind regards,

Sandhya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The set enabled function is on.

What helped was the setDynamic method call on the Interactive Form (Harman I rewarded you with points). However the function is deprecated Do you know how to use this is a newer version?

Also I am adding dynamically table rows in the form. Only the first line is saved in the form. All other lines are not saved. What can be the reason for this?

Kind regards,

Sandhya

Edited by: Sandhya Banwarie on Jun 2, 2008 4:12 PM

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

About the Method being Depreciated issue, you should be able to use the following code:

IWDPDFDocumentInteractiveFormContext iForm2 = (IWDPDFDocumentInteractiveFormContext) view.getElement("InteractiveForm");
	iForm2.setDynamic(true);

Its better to log a new thread for your second issue (all table items not being saved), so other experts may reply to that also...

regards,

harman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Regarding the Table rows, check whether you have done the binding ie. you have to bind the columns to the dummy data node to hold the values

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harman,

I tried using your code,

but it gives me a ClassCast exception.!!

Regards,

Hanoz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanoz,

Try this Code instead, May be this works for you:

IWDInteractiveForm Form = (IWDInteractiveForm)view.getElement("InteractiveForm");
    Form.setDynamicPDF(true);

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Amita

Edited by: amita arora on Aug 1, 2008 6:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

In webdynpro when adobe forms is place there is check box ENABLED which has to be checked to make the form interactive.

Regards,

Prakash

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandhya

Do the following:

1) In your Adobe Livecycle Designer, Select, Edit > Form Properties, in the Default tab, set u201CPreview Typeu201D to u201CInteractive formu201D

2)

Assuming you are using Web Dynpro application, then do the following also:

Place the following code in the wdDoModifyView method of the View where the form is placed.

IWDInteractiveForm iForm1 = (IWDInteractiveForm) view.getElement("<name of your form here");
iForm1.setDynamicPDF(true);

Hope this helps,

Harman